[Pharo-project] Time to rename copyWithTrailerBytes: ?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue May 10 12:49:04 CEST 2011

On 10 May 2011 12:35, Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:
> If I understand correctly, before the trailers we used to use just an array
> of bytes...now we use a CompiledMethodTrailer. So, the method
> copyWithTrailerBytes:  is misleading.

yes. it should be named copyWithTrailer: instead,
but since at the time i introducing trailers there was only bytes, i
had to preserve the name
for compatibility (among other things).

Btw, if you look at CompiledMethod, there's a lot of things which can
be cleaned-up/refactored.
For example all code which managing sourcePointer(s) and SourceFiles,
not belongs to CompiledMethod.
It should reside somewhere in SourceFileArray (or its subclass).

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.