[Pharo-project] NetNameResolver localHostName - Mac OS always returns an ip address string

Luc Fabresse luc.fabresse at gmail.com
Tue May 10 14:28:52 CEST 2011

Hi Nick,

 I just read your message and we faced this problem with Jannik working on
the implementation of the network library Ocean.

 Using the 4.2.5beta1U Squeak VM and 1.3 Pharo image, there is primitives in
the Socket plusgin to achieve what you are looking for:

hostname := String new: NetNameResolver primHostNameSize.
NetNameResolver primHostNameResult: hostname.
hostname

I do not remember if these primitives are also present in CogVM.

Hope it helps,

#Luc