[Pharo-project] legal counsel for pharo?

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu May 12 03:11:55 CEST 2011

A question recently came up on the squeak-dev mailing list about the
legality of including GPL code in Squeak core, as to where the line
might be.  This is especially interesting because of the OpenQwaq
release recently.

I was able to answer the question for Squeak core definitively by saying
"if you have questions, Squeak is part of the SFC, so we have legal
representation through the SFLC".  This permits potential contributors
to get free legal advice about whether their code would be permitted
into Squeak core without violating the Apache/MIT license.

Which got me wondering, for Pharo, what's the equivalent?  Have you guys
retained a lawyer or other arrangements for which you can sort out
license issues?  Who is the "SFLC" equivalent for Pharo?