[Pharo-project] SSL/HTTPS - SecureSocketStream/SSLSession forPharo/Squeak and other Smalltalk implementations

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Thu May 12 16:16:44 CEST 2011

Hi Rob,

On 12 May 2011, at 15:52, Rob Withers wrote:

> Try this, after loading the Crypto packages.  I haven't tried it myself, yet, as I only got on this list and loaded Pharo a few days ago, but I will probably dig into it over the weekend.  I did load Crypto, though.
>
> http://www.squeaksource.com/Cryptography/SSL-mtf.16.mcz
>
> Is there a Pharo repository I could drop ported code into?

This looks like a quite impressive code base. I think I once heard about this, but never really looked at it.

If I understand this correctly, browsing in SqueakSource, this is actually an SSL implementation, 100% done in Smalltalk ?

Some questions then:

- in what state is the code, does it work ?

- how compatible is it wrt SSL standards ?

- how fast is it, is it useable ?

- why was it not used for SqueakSSL ?

Sven