[Pharo-project] [Moose-dev] Re: Highlight problem with glamour

Tudor Girba tudor.girba at gmail.com
Thu May 12 16:42:42 CEST 2011

Hi Henrik,

On 12 May 2011, at 16:30, Henrik Sperre Johansen wrote:

> On 12.05.2011 16:10, Tudor Girba wrote:
>> Thanks, Fabrizio.
>>
>> I noticed a similar problem with highlighting Java code, but I thought it was related to the grammar.
>>
>> I CC-ed the Pharo mailing list.
>>
>> Anyone knows why it would be a problem to highlight text with more than 4096 characters in a TextMorph?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Doru
> Doru, I have NO idea what Morph GLMTabulator uses to display text, nor any desire of spending time trying to (maybe even succesfully) load Glamour.
> When posting snippets like that to the Core dev list, at least, PLEASE, either include a doit to load the components needed to reproduce the provided case, or reduce it to something which can be reproduced in core.
>
> | string |
>            string := ''.1 to: 1000 do: [:i | string := string, 'jjjjj j j j j j jjj j'].
>            ((string asText addAttribute: TextColor red), ('jjjjj j j j j j jjj j' asText)) asMorph openInWorld
>
> Works just fine, for example.

Thanks for looking into this.

I did not mean that someone should look into the posted code. I was in a hurry and I simply asked a direct question if anyone has any idea of why 4096 would be a limit for highlighting text in TextMorph. The question had nothing to do with Glamour, but I am sorry if the form of the mail made you waste your time.

In any case, I will look into this in more details.

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"To lead is not to demand things, it is to make them happen."