[Pharo-project] SSL/HTTPS -SecureSocketStream/SSLSessionforPharo/Squeak and otherSmalltalk implementations

Sven Van Caekenberghe sven at beta9.be
Thu May 12 18:20:48 CEST 2011

On 12 May 2011, at 17:58, Rob Withers wrote:

> Sure.  I cannot recall if I offered a stream interface or not.
> I could add one and we could treat this and the SqueakSSL stream as provider impl to a wrapper stream.

The code that I am working on has a good [Secure]SocketStream implementation, it depends on a Socket like object, and on an SSLSession, which currently is the plugin. I imagine that it could also be your code.

> I'll comment more as I dig into it.  I think I will fork a PharoSSL project, since I know of at least one change in there.

If I understood correctly, you need all of Cryptography, right ?
So would it not make more sense to (if necessary), start or add a Cryptography-Pharo ?
I mean, your code is much more than SSL.

Sven