[Pharo-project] SSL/HTTPS - SecureSocketStream/SSLSession for Pharo/Squeak and other Smalltalk implementations

Jan van de Sandt jvdsandt at gmail.com
Thu May 12 21:08:32 CEST 2011

Hi,

No the VASt plugin is not open source. It is not really a plugin. It is just
Smalltalk code that calls the OpenSSL lib using external functions (the FFI
of VASt). The OpenSSL library delivered with VASt is a very old version and
there are some concurrency issues on windows. So I do think that
Instantiations is interested in an upgrade. If technically possible than
perhaps some kind of cooperation is possible.

Two years ago I created an open source alternative for VASt users on windows
WinHttpClient & WinCrypt. This is of no use for Zinc because it depends on
windows http stack :-(

Jan.

[1]
http://blog.doit.st/2009/06/17/introducing-winhttpclient-for-va-smalltalk/