[Pharo-project] [ANN] VB-Regex patch available

Nicolas Cellier nicolas.cellier.aka.nice at gmail.com
Thu May 12 23:01:48 CEST 2011

2011/5/12 Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr>:
> Thanks nicolas
> I will integrate it now.
>

>> Reinout Heek recently published a patch in cincom store for some Regex
>> pending bugs after a recent mail on vwnc list.
>> I ported this 3-methods patch on Squeak based on latest
>> http://www.squeaksource.com/Regex.htm
>> I have no commit right, so I posted two copies:
>>
>> http://source.squeak.org/inbox/VB-Regex-nice.18.mcz
>> http://www.squeaksource.com/PharoInbox/VB-Regex-nice.18.mcz
>>
>> Note that core Pharo version of Regex is some versions ahead and the
>> patch requires further porting.
>
> What do you mean by further porting

Reinout patch is just 3 methods.
But the merger pretends they are in conflict with VB-Regex-StephaneDucasse.49
And the merger is not of any help with VB-Regex-StephaneDucasse.50
because of Repackaging.

Repackaging without tool support is like hell :(
This is an easy 3-methods patch, but imagine you have to merge a 100
methods patch with just change sets... Argh

Nicolas