[Pharo-project] New transcript questions and notes

Mariano Martinez Peck marianopeck at gmail.com
Fri May 13 00:39:59 CEST 2011

I have submitted issue: http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=4209

Could you proved some of the fixes?

for me, I miss these things (you can add them to the same issue):

- be able to do right click and get the normal context menu you get in all
places
- the shortcuts are wrong. I do cmd+s   which previously cleaned the
transcrip and now nowthing happens, sometimes it is cleaned, sometimes it
does an undo...weird. But I mch prefer do that than clicking in "clear"
- I miss the "Transcript open"

I want to thanks Fernando for the improvents. Maybe he or another person has
time to give it yet another push for the remaining topics ;)

cheers

Mariano

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 7:35 AM, DougEdmunds <dougedmunds at gmail.com> wrote:

> Using Pharo1.3a
> Latest update: #13193
>
> Are there any plans to give the new transcript window a mouseable menu? If
> not, buttons for select all and copy would be nice.
> --
> Nothing seems to be happening when clicking 'log to file'.  What is the
> name
> of the file?  Where is it?
> --
> When checking/unchecking/checking  'log to file' will the second checking
> add to the end of an existing file, or will it start a new one, or wipe out
> old one and start it over?
> --
> This code does not work right with the new transcript:
>
>    1 to: 30 do: [: x |  Transcript cr; show: x. (Delay forSeconds: 0.2)
> wait.].
>
> a) Try it in 1.2 (old transcript) to see how it should work. Old
> transcript,
> there's a delay between each line printed.  1.3 (new transcript) there's a
> total delay first, then all the lines are immediately printed.
>
> b) If the length of the entries to the transcript exceeds the size of the
> window, the lines do not automatically scroll up to be able to see them.
> Instead, they are added outside of the visible window area. IMO, this must
> be changed so that whatever gets added to the end of the transcript is
> immediately visible.
>
> c) If cursor is at the bottom (with a vertical scroll bar visible), as soon
> as a new line is added, the transcript pops back to the beginning again,
> requiring scrolling to see new entries.  This makes any kind of continual
> stream to the transcript impossible to view.  Position the Transcript at
> the
> end of the output, then run the 1 to: 30 do: code line again -- it will pop
> you to the top, not the end.
> --
> Will the vertical size of the header area (Clear, etc) be reduced?  It is
> taller than needed.

Mariano
http://marianopeck.wordpress.com