[Pharo-project] Debugger and Exceptions model

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri May 13 05:52:51 CEST 2011

It would be cool to make debugger be aware of Exceptions,
and then make exceptions to designate additional actions which user
may perform in addition to
"Proceed, Abandon, Debug, Create"

Currently all this stuff is hardcoded..
But what i imagine, that if we make debugger to be aware of exceptions
(of course if opening debugger is triggered by
exception),
a debugger could ask exception for additional actions to perform as
well as whether immediately open full UI etc.

For instance i always wanted that on SubclassResponsibility exception
a Debugger can propose me to create a method
in subclass, in same way as it proposing to create a method when you
got DNU- by adding a 'Create' button.

Here the changeset which allows me to do that. But it would be really
nice someday to
delegate such things to exceptions.

--
Best regards,