[Pharo-project] What we do with: "Embed source code for methods which get uninstalled from their classes" ???

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Fri May 13 08:46:20 CEST 2011

On May 13, 2011, at 12:24 AM, Mariano Martinez Peck wrote:

> 1) have a fast/normal recompileAll
> 2) not to loose source code
>
> If the only way right now is rollbacking #dropSourcePointer and rollbacking the implementation in objects as methods, please do it. Right now we are in the worst case. For example, today when I discover the bug of loosing sources...I commit my own package with a lots of methods with the decompiled source...it took time to fix it.  So I think it is important to fix this.

I think we should roll back the change for now...

All this shows that the source handling is *far* too complex... How would we realize source handling *today* considering today's resources? (aka: compression is free and memory even
on last year's cell phone 20 times larger than our complete system...)

	Marcus

INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.