[Pharo-project] Need help with 1.3 Full Image

laurent laffont laurent.laffont at gmail.com
Fri May 13 21:10:38 CEST 2011

On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 9:23 AM, Marcus Denker <marcus.denker at inria.fr>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the past, the build of the Full/Dev image was broken most of the time,
> leading to bugs being discovered
> late, bugs not fixed while everyone is using the system and getting bitten
> by them...
>
> Now the Dev/Full image exactly is a such a thing that has no bottleneck:
> it's just some load scripts
> maintainers. Nothing else to do.
>
> So it should be fixed far faster and much easier than Core, as it can be
> done in parallel? Right? Right?
> Wrong. The only person doing anyting is Mariano... (and me, I fixed 1.2
> Full after is was broken an *astonishing*
> 23 *days* !!!!)
>
> I personally think this really wants to tell us something, but that's just
> me.
>
> So what we need is people who look at this list:
>
> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/list?can=2&q=milestone=1.3-DevImage
>
> And *fix* the issues. Fast. I can not. Really not.

Thanks to push Marcus.

What I'm thinking about is that it's a lot of energy to fix stuff about
things we don't know. I rarely succeed in fixing something new (but I learn
a little more every day :).

I tried to organize a Pharo sprint over internet / IRC for Pharo 1.2 but
there was only Guillermo and me (cool indeed). But I continue to think it's
a good way to fusion energy and more fun to fix stuff together (not alone).

Fixing bugs is a good way to learn, but easier with other people. So can we
have some virtual sprints over Skype or IRC ?

Laurent