[Pharo-project] Need help with 1.3 Full Image

Stéphane Ducasse stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Sat May 14 10:35:04 CEST 2011

lukas

another important point. Imagine that people would have tested their software during the RC phase
then we would have spotted and fixed theses bugs (I do not take into account OB bug because
we cannot maintain it). So at the end, if people do not use and tests then there is less chance to
spot bugs and what can we do. To me this is like that and this is not a big issues.
Now even with two full time engineers it would not change that much but we would have the same
problem. Too many different scenario to explore.

Now another really important point: we are not just maintaining a smalltalk but building an infrastructure
for the next 10 years and we have limited amount of time (you know our job - this week I was 3 days in hiring meetings - important
and now I accepted to be scientific head of our lab). So everybody is busy and working and I think that
given these constraints we are doing a good job given that Pharo is not our only focus.

We will soon apply systematically lint rules to pharo and will increase again the quality.

Now if you want to join to build the next generation Smalltalk just join and have fun with us.
I felt that you were pissed off but you should not get frustrated. We have 5 years to really do something really
cool and we are doing. OPAL is moving again, the new package is going forward, igor is working on a new canvas to support
zoomable interface, native boost, we will have a bootstrappable core, new network, files, new ClassBuilder, first class slots,.....

Stef