[Pharo-project] SSL/HTTPS - SecureSocketStream/SSLSessionforPharo/Squeak and other Smalltalk implementations
stephane.ducasse at inria.fr
Sat May 14 13:23:50 CEST 2011
Here is what I suggest.
- Keep a log of these fixes may be on the cog vm
- did you publish your fixes using the git infrastructure we put in place - because without it we will not work.
- Write some tests
- Soon igor will resume his work on vm building with hudson and we should get some regression testing tests.
- Soon we should be able to introduce these changes and evaluate their impact.
- we should push the git infrastructure.
On May 14, 2011, at 1:13 PM, Nicolas Cellier wrote:
> 2011/5/14 Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr>:
>>> I accelerated raisedTo:modulo: a bit with a primitive
>>> (http://bugs.squeak.org/view.php?id=7120) but that's not enough
>> do you know why it was not integrated?
>> It is a good candidate to check the build system of the VM and their evolution.
>> Igor (I gave the windows distribution) to the arnaud so I hope that soon we will get a new windows slave for jenkins.
> Don't know. I also have my modest bitShift: improvments pending
> Maybe I haven't performed enough tests to assert the performance gain.
> The changes are reliable, I run a VM with both improvments without
> crash for months.
> I could try to further improve the exponentiation algorithm by mixing
> a sliding window exponentiation with Montgomery multiplication.
> There would be other optimisations possible : each modular product
> fits on a given number of bytes so we could recycle allocated
> LargeInteger for storing intermediate results rather than letting vm
> do it.
More information about the Pharo-project