[Pharo-project] Monticello can't load a simple project in PharoCore1.2 or 1.3

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at gmail.com
Sat May 14 21:01:58 CEST 2011

Try to execute the following in a PharoCore:

Gofer new
  url: 'http://www.hpi.uni-potsdam.de/hirschfeld/squeaksource/SwaUtilities';
  package: 'Animations';
  load

(you don't need Gofer, you can also use the MC browser directly).

It looks like Monticello manages to install the package correctly, but
then the image is frozen and CPU runs hot.

The problem appears in MCPackageLoader>>basicload between the following 2 lines:

	methodAdditions do: [:each | each installMethod].
	methodAdditions do: [:each | each notifyObservers].

And when I say between, I really mean between. The line execute just
fine, but then the CPU runs hot and image freezes.

What do you think?

--
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st