[Pharo-project] Convention to build cmd-line interfaces with Pharo?

Stefan Marr pharo at stefan-marr.de
Sun May 15 12:52:29 CEST 2011

On 15 May 2011, at 12:40, Sven Van Caekenberghe wrote:

> I think most Smalltalk user would be happy with a 'command line interface' at the Smalltalk level.
SMarkHarness class>>execute: aBenchmarkOrSuite using: aRunnerClass andReport: withAReporterClass
SMarkSuite class>>run
and similar methods should satisfy the needs for casual image-bound Smalltalk users.

The command line interface is meant for people who care about the VM-level and want some integration with existing build systems and/or benchmarking tools like ReBench, buildbot or perhaps Hudson...

--
Stefan Marr
Software Languages Lab