[Pharo-project] redundancy

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Sun May 15 18:44:11 CEST 2011

Stef,

GemSource is running Seaside2.6 and a very old version of the SqueakSource code. I'd rather run Seaside3.0 and Tobias' SqueakSource3 as an alternative to SqueakSource.

And as a matter of fact, we have already started heading down that path.

While I was on vacation we had a vm provisioned in a VMware data center  for hosting a SqueakSource3 instance:)

The plan is to run the SqueakSource3 instance as a beta for a couple of weeks to correct any load/code issues and then barring any big issues, open it up for general usage.

I'll need a week or so to get the GemStone and SqueakSource3 installed and configured.

When the beta is ready I'll send email to the list ...

Dale