[Pharo-project] Support for stdout without OSProcess (issue 4065)

Stefan Marr pharo at stefan-marr.de
Sun May 15 20:08:50 CEST 2011

Hi:

On 15 May 2011, at 19:20, Stefan Marr wrote:

> On 15 May 2011, at 19:06, Stéphane Ducasse wrote:
>> david
>>
>> how do we use it from the image to print on stdout?
> The primitive is supposed to return the file handles, and they can be used like normal files, I guess.
>
> See http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lang.smalltalk.squeak.general/154784

After filing in Eliot's change set from this mail:
http://forum.world.st/Re-squeak-dev-stdio-td949485.html

StandardFileStream stdout nextPutAll: 'bar'.

works beautifully with http://squeakvm.org/mac/release/Squeak%205.7.4.1.zip

However, there is some regression with that VM, it does not take the image on the command line.

I am used to:
/Applications/Squeak\ 4.2.5beta1U.app/Contents/MacOS/Squeak\ VM\ Opt Pharo-1.2.image HelloWorld

/Applications/Squeak\ 5.7.4.1.app/Contents/MacOS/Squeak Pharo-1.2.image HelloWorld
just opens a file dialog.
I have to give the full file name.

Esteban: is that a know regression?

Thanks