[Pharo-project] Convention to build cmd-line interfaces with Pharo?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue May 17 09:41:17 CEST 2011

On 16 May 2011 18:47, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr> wrote:

>> As you may know, Squeak was inherently designed to not care about a
>> command-line and any stdio,
>> so we don't have a standartized way to handle command-line and
>> standard input/output :(
>> I don't remember what exactly was done in 1.3. Some cleanup i guess.
>
> not only cleaning, we can specify that a certain extension should be handled in a certain way without breaking
> because this is not 100% smalltalk for example.
> For example a coral script (which has a different syntax than a cs) can be loaded without breaking and breaking the laoding of cs.

This needs to be documented somewhere. Because a correctly working
command-line becoming more and more important once we're using Hudson
for automatic building images,
run tests and other tasks.
That's why i spent time implementing NonInteractiveUIManager.

@Stefan Marr: About command-line on some Mac VMs: yes, this is known
bug. Some VMs are just "swallowing" command-line arguments so you
cannot see them from image side.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.