[Pharo-project] I give up. Squeaksource has lost lot of versions again

csrabak at bol.com.br csrabak at bol.com.br
Tue May 17 15:57:18 CEST 2011

Em 17/05/2011 10:32, Stéphane Ducasse < stephane.ducasse at inria.fr > escreveu:

> >> Now  this  is  why  ESUG  payed objectFusion  to  propose  a  new
> >> application.
> >>
> >  Is there a  plan to provide a migration  from squeaksource to new
> > system?  Because  if not, then  i'm afraid, most people  will keep
> > using SqS and imagine how  many configs/wiki pages and other stuff
> > needs to be updated.
>  not that I  know.  I would give a certain amount  of time to people
> to migrate (with their own little  fingers) put all the mcz on a ftp
> somewhere close squeaksource

Given you're being assertive about this, I think it's time to add up
to Igor's stance:

> > I'd  prefer to  fully  replace SqS  with  new system  at some  day
> > without need of migrating  projects by all developers and updating
> > links/configs etc.

Expecting a disparate set of developers with different agendas and
different priorities "to migrate (with their own little  fingers)" is
putting too much faith the new system would be _sohhh_ _goooood_ that
the masses will feel compelled to.

my 0.019999...

--
Cesar Rabak