[Pharo-project] I give up. Squeaksource has lost lot ofversions again

Bernat Romagosa tibabenfortlapalanca at gmail.com
Tue May 17 16:50:17 CEST 2011

I don't understand why is there a thread identical to this one every two or
three weeks. This discussion was already held a long time ago and its
outcome was that someone was hired to implement a new code repository,
Smalltalkhub's the name.

This problem is in its way to be permanently solved, let's all stop
speculating about how the system will be and how great would it be if it had
feature X. I'm sure Smalltalkhub will be _miles_ ahead of Squeaksource and
we'll all be able to contribute our ideas once it is up, running and being
actively tested. Of course I expect ESUG thought not only of getting it
implemented but also of its maintenance, so I propose we just wait for it to
come out and bury this fruitless discussion once and for all.

In the meantime, I guess we all have to be patient and keep putting up with
an obsolete system for a little bit longer.

Cheers,

Bernat