[Pharo-project] Problem with Pharo 1.3 in Windows

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Thu May 19 09:28:44 CEST 2011

On May 19, 2011, at 9:16 AM, Igor Stasenko wrote:

> On 19 May 2011 08:43, Torsten Bergmann <astares at gmx.de> wrote:
>> Marcus wrote
>>> This situation with the thousands of different VMs is *impossible*. We need >to fix that.
>>
>> If on Windows you should really use the installer for Pharo 1.2.2.
>> from the download page. This will give you the two VM's: standard and Cog
>> and you can use them to start all images from your HD.
>>
>> Since both have a different icon (also for the Pharo window)
>> you always know which one you start/running on.
>>
>> Just give it a try, its simple.
>>
>> Since the Pharo.exe and PharoCog.exe also have the version number
>> in the resource section you can right click on it in explorer
>> and check which code version/revision they have (see attached screenshot).
>>

> Torsten, can you please document somewhere, how you chaging the version info?
> I really can't understand how today's VMs are versioned, and what
> version we could use for Pharo-branded VMs.
> Probably with 'P' suffix?

*PLEASE* do not take the version numbering that is now in the Squeak VM.
Nobody understands why there is a Version 5 MacVM. Version 5? Squeak is at Verison 4, Pharo at 1.

We *neeeeeeed* for every version of Pharo a VM that has *just* the same version number.

Pharo 1.3 uses VM 1.3. 1.4 uses VM 1.4

	Marcus

INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.