[Pharo-project] Problem with Pharo 1.3 in Windows

Henrik Sperre Johansen henrik.s.johansen at veloxit.no
Thu May 19 09:39:38 CEST 2011

On 19.05.2011 09:16, Igor Stasenko wrote:
> On 19 May 2011 08:43, Torsten Bergmann<astares at gmx.de>  wrote:
>> Marcus wrote
>>> This situation with the thousands of different VMs is *impossible*. We need>to fix that.
>> If on Windows you should really use the installer for Pharo 1.2.2.
>> from the download page. This will give you the two VM's: standard and Cog
>> and you can use them to start all images from your HD.
>>
>> Since both have a different icon (also for the Pharo window)
>> you always know which one you start/running on.
>>
>> Just give it a try, its simple.
>>
>> Since the Pharo.exe and PharoCog.exe also have the version number
>> in the resource section you can right click on it in explorer
>> and check which code version/revision they have (see attached screenshot).
>>
> Torsten, can you please document somewhere, how you chaging the version info?
Here's how we do it for our application:

rc myApp.rc
ResHacker.exe -addoverwrite myApp.exe,  myApp.exe,  myApp.res,
versioninfo,1,

where myApp.rc is the attached, actual values defined in config.h.
So it's not much magic needed :)

rc can be found as part of Visual Studio, and reshacker is freeware,
there's a beta with 64bit exe support.

Cheers,
Henry