[Pharo-project] Name spaces

Noury Bouraqadi bouraqadi at gmail.com
Fri May 20 15:18:31 CEST 2011

On 20 mai 2011, at 12:40, Nicolas Petton wrote:

> Le vendredi 20 mai 2011 à 09:52 +0200, Stéphane Ducasse a écrit :
>> On May 20, 2011, at 9:40 AM, Noury Bouraqadi wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm wondering what is the status of the name spaces project developed last summer as part of GSoC.
>>
>> nowhere and do not expect it to be in pharo.
>
> Why that? Is it because of the implementation or because you don't want
> namespaces in Pharo?

What a question Nicolas ! Of course we want namespaces in Pharo! :-)
But, we also want clean well designed stuff.
Actually, what we want is a real module system.

Now, we need to look on what is out there.
I looked in SqueakSource and the last version dates back to last summer.
So, I guess that the project is dead and for sure it won't load in 1.3.

Noury

> Nicolas
>>
>> Stef
>>

>>> Noury
>>> http://car.mines-douai.fr/noury
>>> --
>>> -6th National Conference on
>>> “Control Architecture of Robots”
>>> 24-25 may 2011, Grenoble area, France
>>> http://car2011.inrialpes.fr/
>>>
>>> -19th ESUG International Smalltalk Conference
>>> 22-26 August 2011, Edinburgh, UK
>>> http://www.esug.org/Conferences/2011
>>>
>>> -19èmes Journées Francophones sur les Systèmes Multi-Agents (JFSMA’11)
>>> http://www.univ-valenciennes.fr/congres/jfsma2011/
>>> 17-19 Octobre 2011, Valenciennes, France
>>>

> --
> Nicolas Petton
> http://www.nicolas-petton.fr

Noury Bouraqadi