[Pharo-project] Smalltalk/Pharo User Group in Spain

Serge Stinckwich serge.stinckwich at gmail.com
Mon May 23 04:14:37 CEST 2011

On Mon, May 23, 2011 at 6:12 AM, Rafael Luque
<rafael.luque.leiva at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm a software developer with experience mainly based on Java EE and, in the
> last years, also Groovy and Grails. I'm interesed in Smalltalk and their
> related frameworks several years ago, so I'm trying to learn about
> Smalltalk, Pharo, Seaside, etc. by myself. I'm participating in the Pharo By
> Example translation to spanish and implementing the katas from
> 12meses12katas [1] chalenge in Pharo.
>
> In spite of my efforts I'm still far away to be fluent in Smalltalk and I
> think the interchange with other Smalltalkers could be of great help in my
> way of learning. For this reason I would like to meet other Smalltalkers in
> the Madrid area, and perhaps we could organize an Smalltalk User Group in
> Madrid. Please, anyone is interested?

Yes i completely agree. This is easier to do Smalltalk in a group.
If you look at the SmalltalkParty, i organize several times in Paris.
We start with maybe less than 10 people at the beginning and after
several years, we were more than 40 ...

Create also a Smalltalk mailing-list if there is none in Spain.

Regards,

--
Serge Stinckwich
Every DSL ends up being Smalltalk