[Pharo-project] Gettext package?

Johan Brichau johan at inceptive.be
Tue May 24 11:11:58 CEST 2011

Hi guys,

What is the future of the Gettext package in the PharoNonCorePackages repository?
Is the intention to include it in Pharo core? Should that package become a separate project? Something else?

I am asking this because I am using it for internationalization support in our Seaside apps (together with the Gettext-Seaside package by Philippe Marschall).
Hence, I created a port of the relevant parts to GemStone, following the "develop in Pharo, deploy in GemStone" philosophy.

Now, the ported package is a complete duplicate + appropriate changes, but it's better if we create a common package and separate the platform-specific parts out.
But I would not want to interfere with anyone's plans, specifically Hilaire Fernandes' plans, probably (who seems to be the author of the package).

So, I would like to get in touch with the stakeholders of the package and discuss where it's going.

cheers
Johan

(see more info below -- mails

Begin forwarded message: