[Pharo-project] tests ui errors in headless mode

Tudor Girba tudor at tudorgirba.com
Wed May 25 21:21:07 CEST 2011

Hi,

We have some smoke tests in Moose that basically spawn a UI and check for Error.

This used to work when running headless in Pharo 1.2 but now they fail in Pharo 1.3. I believe this has to do with the new changes in the UI Manager, but I do not know what to do.

To reproduce the problem, you can simply call a Pharo-1.3.image in headless mode and file in the attached st file that:

- installs a simple test:
HeadlessTest>>testStartup
	self shouldnt:  [1 inspect] raise:  Error

- loads HudsonTools

- runs the test and outputs the XML file report

- although the test should pass, it raises the error:
HeadlessStartupTest(TestCase)>>signalFailure:
HeadlessStartupTest(TestCase)>>assert:
HeadlessStartupTest(TestCase)>>shouldnt:raise:
HeadlessStartupTest>>testStartup
HeadlessStartupTest(TestCase)>>performTest

Can anyone help?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"What is more important: To be happy, or to make happy?"