[Pharo-project] Tiling windows

Gastón Dall' Oglio gaston.dalloglio at gmail.com
Thu May 26 14:02:22 CEST 2011

2011/5/26 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont at gmail.com>

> Gastòn,
>
> I've downloaded the new version - thanks a lot for contributing, it brings
> fun :)
>
> Some comment:
>
> - tiling browsers don't work any more with
> OB, WMWithAnOBBrowserAndDockingBarsTest does not create an OBBrowser anymore
> but a Browser

In 1.3 core there's not OBBrowser, then, when trying to modify a method with
reference to OBBrowser obtained an error. So I remove their references.

> - you've changed TilingWM>>visibleWindows to TilingWM>>windows. The
> "visible" was not innocent, because tileVisibleWindows cares about windows
> that are not minimized. On the other side, tileWorkspaces tile all
> workspaces, minimized or not. So I think in final we may have:
>
> #tileVisibleWindows
> #tileWindows  (maybe #tileAllWindows is a better name)
> #tileVisibleWorkspaces
> #tileWorkspaces / #tileAllWorkspaces

Please, see you the comment in de versión 5 of de package, "Now all botton
tile visibles windows.". I think it's better to just get organized visible
windows, even when done on a particular kind (such as workspaces). For this
is that the word was redundant now visible.

> - I will add tests to TWMBar finally as it seems to grow
>
> - I want TilingWM to be 100% test coverage

Sorry, give me some time for learn about this...

> - Balloon and spaces for TWMBar is a good idea - we need to make this work
> effectively :)

yes

> - Great to have all the buttons per type of applications !

it is still very rudimentary way to filter the windows, but it was helpful
to learn about the hierarchy of classes 1.3, in regard to the Models for
example.

> I've merge some of your changes in TWM-LaurentLaffont.5

:)