[Pharo-project] Tiling windows

laurent laffont laurent.laffont at gmail.com
Thu May 26 14:22:10 CEST 2011

2011/5/26 Gastón Dall' Oglio <gaston.dalloglio at gmail.com>

> 2011/5/26 laurent laffont <laurent.laffont at gmail.com>
>
>> Gastòn,
>>
>> I've downloaded the new version - thanks a lot for contributing, it brings
>> fun :)
>>
>> Some comment:
>>
>> - tiling browsers don't work any more with
>> OB, WMWithAnOBBrowserAndDockingBarsTest does not create an OBBrowser anymore
>> but a Browser
>>

> In 1.3 core there's not OBBrowser, then, when trying to modify a method
> with reference to OBBrowser obtained an error. So I remove their references.

I see. I will refactor this so it will be compatible with Core and still
work with OB (quite easy).

> - you've changed TilingWM>>visibleWindows to TilingWM>>windows. The
>> "visible" was not innocent, because tileVisibleWindows cares about windows
>> that are not minimized. On the other side, tileWorkspaces tile all
>> workspaces, minimized or not. So I think in final we may have:
>>
>> #tileVisibleWindows
>> #tileWindows  (maybe #tileAllWindows is a better name)
>> #tileVisibleWorkspaces
>> #tileWorkspaces / #tileAllWorkspaces
>>

> Please, see you the comment in de versión 5 of de package, "Now all botton
> tile visibles windows.". I think it's better to just get organized visible
> windows, even when done on a particular kind (such as workspaces). For this
> is that the word was redundant now visible.

I will think about this.

- I will add tests to TWMBar finally as it seems to grow

>> - I want TilingWM to be 100% test coverage
>>

> Sorry, give me some time for learn about this...

Don't hesitate to ask.

- Balloon and spaces for TWMBar is a good idea - we need to make this work
>> effectively :)
>>

> yes
>

>> - Great to have all the buttons per type of applications !
>>

> it is still very rudimentary way to filter the windows, but it was helpful
> to learn about the hierarchy of classes 1.3, in regard to the Models for
> example.

Indeed I've disable TaskBarMorph in my image as it's useless now :)

Laurent.