[Pharo-project] tests ui errors in headless mode

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Thu May 26 17:38:50 CEST 2011

To simulate running test in headless mode, use following:

| old |
old := UIManager default.
UIManager default: old nonInteractiveManager.
[

1 inspect.
 ] ensure: [ UIManager default: old ]

and so, if you don't handle the error.. image will quit and error
logged to PharoDebug.log :

THERE_BE_DRAGONS_HERE
MessageNotUnderstood:
NonInteractiveUIManager>>openInspector:asMorphOn:withLabel:
26 May 2011 7:31:32 pm

VM: Mac OS - intel - 1066 - Croquet Closure Cog VM [CoInterpreter
VMMaker-oscog-MarianoMartinezPeck.66] NBCog VM 4.0.0
Image: Pharo1.3a [Latest update: #13204]

NonInteractiveUIManager(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand:
#openInspector:asMorphOn:withLabel:
        Receiver: a NonInteractiveUIManager
        Arguments and temporary variables:
                aMessage:       openInspector: Inspector asMorphOn: 1
withLabel: 'SmallInteger: 1'
                exception:      MessageNotUnderstood:
NonInteractiveUIManager>>openInspector:asMorph...etc...
                resumeValue:    nil
        Receiver's instance variables:
                uiManager:      a MorphicUIManager
                doNotQuitOnRestart:     false

You can also turn on #snapshotErrorImage setting, then on unhandled
error, before quit
an image will be saved (with different version)  and if you open that
image you will see that error in debugger.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.