[Pharo-project] cog vm for iOS

Casimiro de Almeida Barreto casimiro.barreto at gmail.com
Thu May 26 17:51:01 CEST 2011

Em 26-05-2011 09:02, Igor Stasenko escreveu:
> On 25 May 2011 20:45, Hilaire Fernandes <hilaire.fernandes at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have no idea how hard it is to pass the apple check.
>> It can indeed temper any effort doing a theme.
>>
> I think that i can express Apple's policy using single statement:
> - why you using language X for your project, if you can implement same
> in Objective C.
>
> :)

Clearly Apple has a restrictive police on development and
commercialization of products for the iOS platform. It is not related
only to development language/environment but also content. Apple censors
and decides what can and what cannot be put in "their" (should be their
customers) tablets/phones/iPods (kind: no porno, no political, no
certain kinds of violence, etc).

One thing that amazes me is that currently there are two contestants to
the "Tablet & Smartphone World Grand Prix": iOS and Android but people
in the SqueakVM/CogVM  communities are centered only around a single
"monopolist" manufacturer. IMHO it would be good to have SqueakVM/CogVM
decently running in Android (>= 2.1).

In the long term I think Android will win this "championship".

My 2¢

CdAB
>> Hilaire

(...)