[Pharo-project] changes with announcements ?

Cyrille Delaunay cy.delaunay at gmail.com
Fri May 27 12:05:28 CEST 2011

Hello,

Today I experimented some strange behaviours with announcements that I
didn't have in some previous moose images (moose in now based on Pharo
1.3).
I think that there was some changes related to announcements in pharo
recently, but I could not be sure it is related.

At one point in my code I have:

browser on: AnnouncementClass send: #actionSelector
browser announce: anAnnouncementClass.

The behaviour I have is like if #actionSelector was executed asynchronously
from the rest of the code below 'browser announce: ...' .
Not sure but there is maybe something with exception signals. If any signal
is emited in #actionSelector it will not execute the rest of the method.

I was at least able to write a test that do not pass in latest pharo 1.3

Gofer new
squeaksource: 'DelaunayTmpStuffs';
package: 'ExampleAnnouncementProblems';
load.