[Pharo-project] TilingWM improvements

Gastón Dall' Oglio gaston.dalloglio at gmail.com
Sat May 28 15:43:24 CEST 2011

Laurent, coincidere change this method (o part of):

TilingWM>>newTopWindowBoundsInArea: aBlock
SystemWindow topWindow bounds: (aBlock value: world clearArea).

to this one:

TilingWM>>newTopWindowBoundsInArea: aBlock
| topWindow |
(topWindow := SystemWindow topWindow) isMaximized
ifTrue: [ topWindow expandBoxHit. topWindow bounds: (aBlock value: world
clearArea) ]
ifFalse: [ topWindow bounds: (aBlock value: topWindow bounds) ]

For one hand this solve the problem of maximized state on moved window, and
for other hand apply recursive "moving" of window based in their current
bounds (but not usable display area) if that is not in state maximize (I
choose this rule for my convenience).

---

When I load new version of this package, I use the Settings to see new
version de la barra, but the old version keep visible too, and I use
SHIFT-ALT-Click to see the halos and remove this. Is possible clean up of
older versions of bar automatically?

----

And I see that you comming work in TWMWindowSnapshot :) I like it, I hate
wasting time accommodating the size and position of the windows manually
because I want to have another hearing, again and again!