[Pharo-project] A radical proposal (to cut down dead code)

Alexandre Bergel alexandre.bergel at me.com
Sat May 28 17:06:16 CEST 2011

Marcus,

I like the idea. Who should identify the dead code? What role will you have? Should we send you the list of methods we need? Or do you want to take the ten most downloaded project, run their tests and identify what is used, remove dead code and ask us to try?
 If you have a bit of time, then just do it. Just tell us how we can help you. I have no problem to regularly send reports. I did it for romain and David already.

My advice: whatever the complains people can do right now about breaking old code, this is a kind of action that can radically change the face of Pharo, for a better future.

Cheers,
Alexandre