[Pharo-project] Setting File>>serverMode

Marcus Denker marcus.denker at inria.fr
Sun May 29 11:00:46 CEST 2011

Hello,

There is a setting

Files
	serverMode

1) we now have two server mode settings, doing different things.

2) Do we actually *need* this setting?

Server mode
If enabled, then the contents of stdin, stdout and stderr are encoded/decoded using the system default text converter

a) it's true, and we will ship it like that if nobody actively sets it to false. So it will just confuse people.

b) why the heck would anyone *not* want system linenedings? Normal people would be the first that don't know
how to convert line endings... on a server you do have gnu recode...

So I vote for removing that preference.

INRIA Lille -- Nord Europe. Team RMoD.