[Pharo-project] A radical proposal (to cut down dead code)

Craig Latta craig at netjam.org
Mon May 30 10:38:11 CEST 2011

> As far as I understand, Craig is using a modified VM to identify sent
> messages and to automagically mirror them from a master to a slave
> image; making testcases very crucial in the process. To make a
> tailored image, you run all the testcases and the "needed" behavior
> automagically gets pushed/ pulled into the slave image. Save the
> slave, and you can run it indepentently.

     I see that process ("imprinting") as useful in a first attempt at
defining modules for a large existing subsystem, or for ad-hoc transfer
of behavior between systems (at a demo, for example). But in normal use,
one will start from a system in which everything is already factored
clearly, nothing unnecessary is hanging around, and the goal is simply
not to mess that up. :)

-C

--
Craig Latta