[Pharo-project] Tiling Window Manager - status update

laurent laffont laurent.laffont at gmail.com
Mon May 30 23:22:10 CEST 2011

First thanks to all people that send patches (and tests !!). Still not
haven't merged all of them - don't hesitate to post in repository so code is
not lost. Yes I will merge layout policies.

Gofer it
  squeaksource: 'TilingWindowManager';
  package: 'TWM';
  load.
(Smalltalk at: #StandardUITheme) beCurrent.
(Smalltalk at: #TWMBar) showTWMBar:true.

Tested on PharoCore 1.2 and Pharo 1.3.

Now this has support for world snapshot, that means you can arrange the
windows and take a snapshot of the layout. Then you can restore these
layouts later. (icons camera, <, > and trash). I'm not entirely satisfied
with this, thanks for feedback.

In Pharo 1.3 there's initial integration with KeyMapping. To load:

Gofer it
  squeaksource: 'ShortWays';
  package: 'ConfigurationOfKeymapping';
  load.

(Smalltalk at: #ConfigurationOfKeymapping project version: #bleedingEdge)
load.

Then in settings browser > Keymappings > Tiling Window Managers you have all
actions of the dock mapped.

Not all shortcuts are working, don't know why, if people can test and find
good shortcuts thank you.

Creating a nice Metacello Configuration for TWM will be appreciated :)

Cheers,

Laurent Laffont - @lolgzs <http://twitter.com/#!/lolgzs>

Pharo Smalltalk Screencasts: http://www.pharocasts.com/
Blog: http://magaloma.blogspot.com/