[Pharo-project] loading code from command line inovcation

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Tue May 31 11:17:35 CEST 2011

On 30 May 2011 22:12, Hilaire Fernandes <hilaire.fernandes at gmail.com> wrote:
> Some more tests:
>
> 1. this crash the image:
> squeak PharoCore-1.3.image `pwd`/cacaboudin
>
> cacaboudin does not exist
>
> 2. this crash the image:
> squeak PharoCore-1.3.image `pwd`/empty.st
>
> where empty.st is empty
>
> 3. this work:
>
> squeak PharoCore-1.3.image `pwd`/test.st
>
> where test.st only contains: Transcript show: 'hello'

Please, be more precise when saying about VM crash.

Any error on startup will lead to writing error to log and quitting to OS.
Since scripts are processed during startup, error in script leads to
quitting to OS.
To what i see, everything works as expected:
on error during startup, an image leaves to the system.

Maybe we should change a script manager to process script only after
full startup is done.
So, then instead of quitting from image you will have a debugger open.

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko AKA sig.