[Pharo-project] Metacello as the system evolves... (Fwd from Seaside-General: Which image for deployment?)

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Tue May 31 21:55:39 CEST 2011

The following is a conversation about not being able to load Seaside into
Pharo 1.2 via Metacello (from the Seaside-general list). Shouldn't symbolic
versions in Metacello have solved this problem? There should be different
package versions tagged stable for each system (1.2.x, 1.3...) as necessary,
no? It seems there's not much difference between:
  Pharo 1.2 vs. Pharo 1.3
               and
  Pharo 1.2 vs. Squeak 4.2

Doesn't symbolic versions finally allow us to have *one* configuration per
project that will load into any Squeak/Pharo/etc? As a Metacello user, it
would be comforting to know that there is only one configuration, or needing
to find the /right/ one replaces one problem (dependencies) with another.