[Pharo-project] FileDirectory <> FSFileSystem

Camillo Bruni camillobruni at gmail.com
Thu Aug 9 23:57:46 CEST 2012

FileSystem compat
-----------------
During my train trip today I "ported" (AKA copied) the whole FileSystem package
from 2.0 to 1.4 and fixed some tests:
- the 2.0 FS works almost perfectly in 1.4
- some Tests related to DateAndTime fail!

Furthermore I created a dumb FileDirectory interface for 2.0
- FileDirectory is a subclass of FileReference
- FileSystem-Legacy protocols have been added to FileReference / FileDirectory

given these two changes I think we can more safely port stuff from 1.4 to 2.0.

Problems
--------
The only thing failing under 1.4 are the DateAndTime related tests since 1.4
doesn't feature the time zone fixes. Are you (Esteban) willing to backport
the changes made to 2.0 for DateAndTime. For production code it's not that
crucial, since as long as your VM/image doesn't change time zones everything
will just work fine ;) (it's not a bug, it's a feature, yeah yeah)