[Pharo-project] FileDirectory <> FSFileSystem

Sean P. DeNigris sean at clipperadams.com
Fri Aug 10 00:15:45 CEST 2012

Camillo Bruni-3 wrote

> FileSystem compat

Is the FS 2.0 API backward-compatible with the current 1.4 FS? If not, (and
I /really/ want to have the latest FS in 1.4), I think it should be loadable
via Metacello as not to create a mess for our users... maybe
ConfigurationOfFilesystem20.

Camillo Bruni-3 wrote

> - some Tests related to DateAndTime fail!

How does FS effect DateAndTime, or is that a separate issue?

Camillo Bruni-3 wrote

> Furthermore I created a dumb FileDirectory interface for 2.0

Cool! As much as I dislike FileDir, that will be helpful to people porting.
Will the compatibility methods raise deprecation warnings?

Sean