[Pharo-project] latam mirror down?

Dale Henrichs dhenrich at vmware.com
Wed Aug 22 20:33:48 CEST 2012

----- Original Message -----
| From: "Frank Shearar" <frank.shearar at gmail.com>
|
| Sorry, I wasn't clear - I meant precisely that it wasn't a Metacello
| ConfigurationOf's responsibility to find something, but just to name
| parts. _My particular_ setup might say "try local cache, then SS,
| then
| LatAm, and bail otherwise" while someone else's might say "try only
| this special local network repo". In either case, I'd imagine
| something like a configuration script supplying repository info to
| Metacello. Metacello would simply say "I know about these repos, and
| I'll try them in order." (This is just what Maven does. Not that I
| think that Maven's necessary the ultimate tool: it works, and copying
| things that work seems like a good plan.)

Frank,

You can already do this in your configuration by supplying a list of repositories instead of a single repository:

  spec
    repository: 'http://seaside.gemstone.com/ss/metacello';
    repository: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/metacello'.

Gofer is used to do the loads in Metacello, so I don't think that Gofer necessarily processes repositories in order , but this is the technique I use to insulate Metacello loads from repository outages...

My latam hack for travis ci had to do with compensating for configurations that are "single sourced"...

Dale