[Pharo-project] ObjectAsMethodWrapper >> #uninstall breaks class organisation

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 11:24:53 CEST 2012

ObjectAsMethodWrapper's test suite breaks ObjectAsMethodWrapperDummy's
organization - its #foo and #bar methods disappear even though the
method dictionary still has them. As a result, after you've run OAMW's
tests, you can't do anything with the OAMW PackageInfo - you can't
check to see what changes you made, save the new mcz, etc.

The bug affects both Squeak and Pharo: when you try do anything with
the package you get a MNU because the MethodReferences to
ObjectAsMethodWrapperDummy >> #foo and #bar have nils for their
category instvars.

The attached mcz changes the _ assignments to := ones so Pharo folk
can run the tests.

I don't have a solution yet, but wanted to raise the issue.

It looks like PackageInfo possibly isn't catching the AddEvent sent by
ClassDescription >> #addSelector:withMethod:notifying: but I'm just
guessing: I don't know enough about this part of the system.

frank