[Pharo-project] New Text Completion suggestions

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 14:33:37 CEST 2012

EstebanLM wrote

> what Doru says makes sense... but in the other side, all the IDEs in the
> world use enter for completion.
> We should also welcome newcomers... so, I vote for enter or better, a
> configuration.

+1 Good default
+1 "presets" (vi, emacs, other dialects, etc).

The first thing I did when moving from Squeak to Visual Age was to define
Squeak shortcuts in VA (alt-m, alt-n, and so on). Then we've been developing
several years with Dolphin, so we added its shortcuts even to
VisualSmalltalk!

I.e. I love Dolphin's debugger shortcuts, they're almost the same as the
ones in Chrome's JS debugger, VisualStudio, an IE9 JS debugger.
When debugging I don't have to think about it, i just press press F10 to
step (or Shift+F10 to step through blocks) or F11 to step into. And it is
almost the same in all the debuggers I use.

Regards!