[Pharo-project] why do we have methods with trailer EmbeddedSourceZip ?

Igor Stasenko siguctua at gmail.com
Fri Aug 24 16:08:11 CEST 2012

On 24 August 2012 15:49, Mariano Martinez Peck <marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 24, 2012 at 3:39 PM, Mariano Martinez Peck
> <marianopeck at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Igor Stasenko <siguctua at gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> no idea :/
>>> you can just resave them to go back to normal
>>>

>> http://code.google.com/p/pharo/issues/detail?id=6599
>> And now there is a test under ReleaseTest. So next time they are
>> generated, we should know in which update this test failed.
>>

> grrrr we have even more
>
> ((CompiledMethod allInstances select: [:each | (#(#NoTrailer #SourcePointer
> #VarLengthSourcePointer) includes: each trailer kind) not and: [ each
> isInstalled ]  ])) size -> 18

VarLengthSourcePointer is OK.
this source pointer is used for entries when .changes file goes over 32MB size.
NoTrailer is used for anonymous methods and methods which bypass the
logging their source into .changes file
for one or another reason (so, of course you cannot have pointer to
source , if you didn't stored the source in a first place).

--
Best regards,
Igor Stasenko.