[Pharo-project] Pharo 2.0 + Travis = ?

Frank Shearar frank.shearar at gmail.com
Fri Aug 31 20:03:57 CEST 2012

On 31 August 2012 18:55, Stéphane Ducasse <stephane.ducasse at inria.fr> wrote:

>> Sure. And maybe I would have, if I didn't first have to get a Pharo
>> 2.0 image and then install it and then figure out the various new APIs
>> and so on and so on. So instead I wimped out and asked a clear
>> question in a place where the experts on the relevant APIs would have
>> a chance to see it :P
>
> :)

>>> so, why you don't just wrap this thing with exception handler?
>>>
>>> [     transcriptStream := ((Smalltalk at: #FileSystem)
>>> workingDirectory / transcriptFileName) readStream
>>>
>>> ] on: Error do: [ aha... somethign wrong with that file ]
>>>
>>> this will prevent image from bailing out to OS. :)
>>
>> Well, no. Catching Error is a terrible idea. I'll just touch the file
>> if it doesn't already exist.
>>
>> Thanks for taking the trouble to answer the question, Igor. If it's
>> any consolation, this means Dale & I can get our CI stuff working for
>> Pharo 2.0 that must quicker.
>
> Pay attention that 2.0 is bleeding edge for real.
> We will take some action this week to improve the situation.

I understand :) In this particular case it's probably just
unfamiliarity on my part.

I know, at least, that my Control library works in both Pharo 1.4 and
2.0, and while ContextPart's left alone I shouldn't need to touch code
much to keep it working. It's just the CI part that's currently
broken, again, probably because I haven't bothered reading the
documentation properly yet :)

frank