[Pharo-project] roadmap

Tudor Girba tudor at tudorgirba.com
Mon Jan 2 15:48:56 CET 2012

Hi,

Lukas and Stefan (Marr) both raised the topic of the roadmap. From Lukas:
> This leads me to the question: Did anybody ever sketch an architecture
> of where Pharo should be heading to? I created a simplified one based
> on my own understanding of the current proposals: http://bit.ly/vpnAf1
> (Google Docs).

I think too that they have a point.

Stef answered:
> We should because we know where we want to go.

I think that at the very least it is a communication issue. From outside it is unclear in what order should the efforts be spent. We have a ton of wishes, but not an understanding of where we want to get and how.

Please, let's discuss this roadmap. Not listing wishes, but actionable points.

I start with some questions:
- beside RB and Announcements, are there other things that could be problematic
- how do we approach the RB problem? Is it Ok to get it out of the image and have Jenkins build the Pharo distribution by loading the head?

Cheers,
Doru

--
www.tudorgirba.com

"Sometimes the best solution is not the best solution."