[Pharo-project] Keyboard navigation and Settings browser
Sean P. DeNigris
sean at clipperadams.com
Tue Jan 3 21:00:23 CET 2012
A few observations inspired by using the Settings browser:
* Is there a way to exclude a submorph from tabbing? In the settings
browser, if you keep tabbing, you eventually focus on the statusView, which
is a text editor, and you start inserting tabs into the text instead of
continuing to navigate
* a disabled text editor should pass keyboard focus on tab instead of
doing nothing (the current behavior)
* how do you say which is the default widget? just set the keyboard focus
manually? This would be hard using the Polymorph workflow as in the
- you'd have to store a reference to the morph instance, so you can set
the focus after the window has been opened (will not work otherwise).
- tools like the Settings browser build the UI in an instance method, so
now a morph would have to be stored in the model - yuck
Dialog window has #defaultFocusMorph. Maybe this should be added to
* EditableDropListMorphs should pass keyboard focus to their contentMorph.
Right now it takes two tabs to activate. The first one just highlights the
EditableDropListMorph, but does not let you type into it
What do you think?
p.s. this exploration started because I thought it'd be more useful if the
Settings browser opened with the search field active
View this message in context: http://forum.world.st/Keyboard-navigation-and-Settings-browser-tp4258311p4258311.html
Sent from the Pharo Smalltalk mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
More information about the Pharo-project