[Pharo-project] Pharo by Example

Gerry Weaver gerryw at compvia.com
Thu Jan 5 06:27:46 CET 2012

Hi Serge,

I guess I don't know what I'm supposed to load the image into. I've tried the VM downloads on the site, but they all crash when trying to open the image. Is there a particular VM I need to use with the image at the link you provided?

I should probably mention that I would really be more interested in some basic IDE doc on the latest version at this point. I don't have any issue with the language. It's the IDE workflow that is very unclear to me. I've been reading a lot, but it isn't helping me so far. I starting to think that Pharo is somewhat inaccessible to newbies at this point. Perhaps I should start with something else first?. What I mean is an implementation that isn't changing so rapidly. I would sincerely appreciate any advice you could give me on that.

Thanks,
Gerry