[Pharo-project] happy new year plus cogdroid news

Guido Stepken gstepken at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 6 15:59:50 CET 2012

Hi!

With Android 4.0 the complete design has changed a lot. Icons have become
scalable, have direct path to different service  daemons, written in C++,
Java, Linux increasingly becomes an "event machine" reacting on streams
coming over BlueTooth, Wifi, Wimax, USBGPS, GSM, SMS, UMTS, HSPA+, LTE,
informing apps, starting processes.

A few thousand man-years have been invested by Google already, no chance
*ever* for any team to keep up with.

Android 4.0 is a free advertising platform on handy. I am using 4.0.x on
Nexus for a few days now and am really surprised. I only get AD popups
fullscreen from the OS (not within the browser) what i have been searching
for on different platforms in the browser or having discussed via mail,
twitter, facebook ... Google seems to collect information directly from my
virtual   keyboard (i have agreed to this explicitly, so please no
paranoia!).

Times have changed. You are no longer free to choose your programming
language.

Have fun, Guido Stepken